Thanks for looking at my blog and all comments are appreciated

Sunday 18 January 2015

Quilted Place Settings, Coffee, Sugar and Tea Mat, Valentine's Material for gift bags and Charlie Bears

This week I have been battling a heavy cold/flu with making up some table place settings for an order. I have to admit though it has been a struggle trying to cut the material, stitch up and turn out when your body is feeling like lead and your head is pounding.   It even felt at times when I was pulling the outside through after stitching the front and back material together that I was going to lose the battle. I just did not have the strength to pull the material through. I must be feeling weak when material is stronger than me!!  Now this order is complete I have another cushion order to start on for a forthcoming wedding in April and can't wait to get started on it.

Owl place settings for another happy customer

Bird place settings

Feeling thrifty, I even found up a remnant of material in my cupboard of a cow, sheep and pig material and have made a little mat to hold our tea, coffee and sugar jars....which have a cow, sheep and a pig on them which I purchased last year on holiday in Holmfirth. I also have some material left to make up a kettle mat for our kettle to stand on.

Our New mat which goes with the coffee, sugar and tea jars
This week I also had plans to go out and get some material for Valentine's Day, but due to being under the weather I finally managed to get out of the house yesterday and go shopping. I am going to make up some little favour bags filled with love hearts and chocolate hearts with a little backstitched message to sell both online and at a pop up shop.   I love the heart material I picked out with a red background and I managed to get it at a really good price. 


I must have been ill as I only walked out of the shop with this material, I usually end up walking out with loads of material.  That's one of my big weaknesses, buying more than I need.  But then,  I bet quite a lot of people who do read my blog have a cupboard that is heaving with material, cross stitches, wool etc., and  I defy anybody to deny this publicly in the comments box.  In fact, I think this cartoon sums up my long suffering husband when I go material shopping.



Whilst I am on the subject of weaknesses, apart from material and cross stitches I do have another one.   It started the year before last when I purchased my first Charlie Bear, Oakley, named after one of our looked after children from years ago whilst on holiday in Derbyshire.  Then last year, at the end of our holiday in Holmfirth, Steve surprised me when he purchased Inkspot.

Meet Oakley, 

and Inkspot
However, just after the New Year celebrations we took everyone down to London for a couple of days to visit Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and some of the London landmarks. 
Winter Wonderland, 

I love browsing around all the stalls

Me, Nicky (Steve's niece) and one of the cold police officers guarding Downing Street

The Cenotaph, in memory of all those killed in action serving our country

 In Harrods, Steve pushed the boat out by buying Minnie Mouse in the sales, reduced from £30 to £5 who sits in pride of place on our bed. 


  My biggest test, which I failed on was when we visited Hamleys - every child and adult's dream of a toy shop!!!  I so indecisive on which of the two Charlie Bears I loved to purchase, I ended up buying both of them.  So, Autumn and Bashful have joined the Wilson household and sit in the front room on my dad's armchair. If its not fabric and crafts its Charlie Bears!!!  However, I bet that I am not the only person who succumbs when they are faced with their shopping addictions?
Meet Autumn
and Bashful
On that note, me and the Charlie Bears say farewell for this blog post.

Thanks for reading!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment