Thanks for looking at my blog and all comments are appreciated

Friday 10 February 2012

Aargh....

Today any plans I had to continue with my cross stitch has gone totally out of the window.  For the past two weeks Steve and I have been decorating our dining room, and whilst he is quite good at wallpapering, we have learnt how to laminate a wood  floor.   Today we decided to try our hand at hanging a new door (with no carpentry skills between the pair of us, and me saying it looked easy to do).  Since we moved into this house almost 12 years ago the dining room door never shut properly or had a door handle.  After 6 hours of cutting the door down to size, trying to work out what way the hinges have to go on the door and putting the door onto the door frame, we have a new door with a proper door handle on it.  Which we thought was not bad for our first attempt.  After that my plans were to get dinner done and then sit down and then start stitching some more......However, plans never go how you want them.   Whilst carrying the empty cups through into the kitchen from the dining room en route to getting dinner ready the cup with the cold remains of my hot chocolate slipped out of my hand and emptied all over the kitchen.  You would not believe the mess.......hot chocolate on the floor, the walls and over the cupboards and worktops......half an hour later and......looking up to the ceiling hot chocolate had even splattered up there.  So cross stitch has been abandoned for tonight, instead I have the cleanest kitchen in town, every cupboard door has been washed, the walls and the ceiling.  Biggest surprise was whilst the cup landed on a stone floor its survived to be used on another day.  However, lessons have been learnt, never try to carry more than is possible, never have kids coming into the house  asking why is the kitchen in a mess,  why did I decide to splatter everything in sight with hot chocolate and why is dinner not ready and what is for dinner!!!!  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I will be able to sit down and continue cross stitching.

7 comments:

  1. At least you ended up with a clean kitchen. Well done on hanging a door not the easiest of things to do. I love the kids comments so typical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got some things accomplished that you have been wanting to do. I haven't been able to stitch today either because of things going on here. I pray that I can stitch before the day is over. It helps get rid of my stress so much. My stress level is high right now, but then this blog not about me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn you have such a lot happening for you at the moment, I hope you can get some time for cross stitch as like you I find it relaxing and 'me time'. Hopefully things will change and 2012 will become more stress free for you xxx

      Delete
  3. LOL, I can just imagine the mess the hot choco made! At least you have a clean kitchen now. :)

    Kudos to you guys for tackling the DIY stuff. I never know what I'm doing either and it always works out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done starting a blog, i love the name! That big cross stitch looks more done than wen i last saw it! When i find my camara i will upload some of mine so you can see xxx love Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read this and I had to smile. I had a similar incident while on duty in the school dining room a while ago, one of the kids dropped a bowl of chocolate pudding with chocolate sauce and you wouldn't believe how far it spread! At least you ended up with a clean kitchen even if you didn't get the stitching done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still do not know how my cup did not break on our tiled floor, however, looking up at the ceiling yesterday......I still found some spots up there in the far corner of the kitchen.....more cleaning :(

    ReplyDelete