Thanks for looking at my blog and all comments are appreciated

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Back from the wilderness

After a six week break I have finally returned to blogging again.  Since the summer holidays we have had Steve’s daughter in hospital for a major operation, a great-niece born into the family and lots of work with a teenager who likes to go missing and a house in uproar.  However, things are changing.  This weekend saw 2 of our looked after children having contact with their families so Steve and I were able to take advantage of the situation and have a night away in a hotel, whilst my mother kept an eye on the other 3 at home.  Just that one night away completely recharged our batteries whilst having some quality time to together, which we are going to have to do more often.  The last time we were able to do this was February last year and then 5 years prior to that.  To top it all, the 3rd series of Downton Abbey has started and I love that program, makes Sunday television something to look forward to!!!

A new arrival

On August 27th we welcomed the safe arrival of Angelina Danielle into the family weighing 6 lb 10.5 ozs, the next generation on my side of the family.  This also meant getting into stitching mode again, with another cushion to celebrate her birth ordered. 

The proud parents Linzie and Dan


 
Angelina Danielle Bessey
My latest cushion creation
 


Celebrating the birth of Nabucco
Due to the success of cushion orders, this also spurred me on to create a page on Facebook to advertise the cushions already made.  The Facebook page is called Nabucco – Personalised Stitches and is building future orders and likes from friends, so take a look and let me know what you think. 
Now life is slowly returning to ‘normality’ (whatever that is) I have another baby cushion to make and 5 cushions for a local brewery with other baby orders on the go and am already planning other creations.  However, I would not have started any of this without the support and encouragement from everyone who did my initial survey back in March and all the great comments I have received on my blog on my cushions.  So, I am going to do my first giveaway of a cushion to a lucky reader.  The draw will take place on Sunday September 30th at 12 noon GMT and a cushion will be made and sent to the lucky winner.  To enter please leave a comment on my blog.

Current work in progress
With all that has been happening here in the Wilson household, I have still had time to continue with my WIP.  After spending time dealing with missing kids, and everything else that has been occurring I forgot how relaxing I find cross stitch and I now feel more motivated and ready to challenge anything.  I have to admit, this is a big project, and I have bitten off more than I can chew, but slowly and steadily the wallpaper background is coming on with the dreaded confetti stitches.  My aim each night is to do at least 100 stitches and watch it grow.   Considering the baby will be 12 on Saturday, I think I need to knuckle down and get it completed.


Slowly coming on, but the baby is a few days short of her 12th birthday!!!

On that note, it's great to be back stitching and blogging again !!!

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    Angelina is such a doll. What a cutie. Congrats on the new family arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about all of the stress. The stitching will make you feel grounded, at least. Best wishes on your business endeavor! And congrats on the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angelina is so cute, I have a granddaughter with the same name :-)
    Love the cushion and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the new baby and the cushion are cute. Good luck with your new business

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angelina looks so cute - I love lickle ickle babies, I just want to come down there and cuddle her. And what a lovely name she has. Congrats to her mum and dad and to you becoming a great aunt. Love the cushion too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back beautiful new family addition. Sorry for the teens driving you crazy, glad you got a night away from it all. I love your portrait your stitching it's gorgeous and your cushions are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back to blogging, I am glad you got a night away from the teens giving you grief. Your new family addition are adorable. I love your stitching portrait of your family, the cushions are awesome! Keep on stitchin and less stressin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The baby is really cute. I love following your blog as I like looking at all your pretty cushions.
    I find stitching very relaxing also. So much so that I sometimes fall asleep stitching in the evening. Especially if it was a busy day at work.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby is so cute.
    I have followed your blog for a while now & love looking at all the pretty cushions.
    I also find stitching very relaxing. So much so that sometimes I fall asleep stitching in the evening. Especially if it has been a busy day at work.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your great niece's arrival, she is adorable and your pillow is very pretty. Will be praying for your step-daughter.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new baby and the lovely pillow. Glad to see you back to blogging. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new baby. Your stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the baby and getting some "honey and you" time!! I looked down a few posts and saw the project you are working on...go girl!! Great stitching!! Cute pillows and great idea taking it to FB...goodluck!

    ReplyDelete