Thanks for looking at my blog and all comments are appreciated

Wednesday 24 October 2012

The family has grown, Meari's surprise & WIP todate

Now we are 8!!!

Since my last blog, things over here in the Wilson household have become extremely busy.  We celebrated Anabel’s 18th birthday in the house and there was a party going on.  One good thing was that it was not as crowded as at her 16th birthday 60 people were invited, this time there was only about 15-20 people.  When I think to all the parties we have held, such as our wedding where we had 26 people sit down in the front room on long tables, and 80 people that night, Anabel’s 16th, her 18th and many, many more life is never dull here.  



Me and the Birthday girl. 


The party in full swing


The morning after the night before, Anabel was in full swing cooking breakfast for everyone


We have also recently expanded from 6 people in the house to 8 following two more young people placed with us and I have to admit it feels like the Walton’s at times all sitting around the dinner table at night, working out logistics on who is using the bathroom both upstairs and down, working out showers etc and the school runs to 3 different schools in 3 different towns.  This has also been harder as Steve has been ill and unable to drive until now.  This Saturday is also going to be busy as I will be attending my graduation at Norwich Cathedral.  Whilst I am looking forward to it I am also slightly nervous and Ben and Victoria will be accompanying me as I can only take 2 guests with me.

Blog giveaway

On my last blog I announced the winner of my very first giveaway who was Meari.  Now Meari has received her prize I can now show it off as I wanted her to see it first.  Congratulations Meari and thank you for your email to say you received it and that you love it.


Like a painting on canvas, material comes alive in stitches


Another baby cushion

Another baby arrived recently and I was asked to make another baby cushion for Imogen who arrived into this world on September 26th.  I am now waiting for a baby boy to arrive as I want to see what it comes out like in blue (hint hint)!!


Welcome to the world Imogen


Update on my WIP
 
I have also been working on my current WIP and am getting on with the dreaded wallpaper.  This is slow progress but now we are easing down by getting into routines etc, I am hoping to get more motivated on it.  I wish I could show more progress, however as Steve often says, Rome wasn't build in one day' and once it is done, I will be so pleased with it.
The space is slowly being filled in


Current situation on my progress
On this note, all I can say is thank you for looking and your comments left not only keep me motivated but are extremely appreciated xx

20 comments:

  1. I remember meeting Anabel when I came to your house the year before last - she won't remember me but please wish her a belated happy birthday from me anyway. Congrats on your graduation too, hope you have a good day on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Eunice, thanks for that. Will put up pics. Its a shame Steve cannot attend but it cost me almost £100 to bring Ben and Victoria with me without the cost of the gown and hat hire etc. BTW, I haven't shrunk she was wearing extremely high heels that night when our photograph was taken xxx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the Graduation! The pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marge. I am looking forward to it and will post some pics on here.

      Delete
  3. You sure have a busy household.

    Your pillows are beautiful. Congratulations on your graduation.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful birthday "lady!" Congratulations to you on your graduation...fabulous! I giggled when you mentioned scheduling the bathroom usage. The first thing that came to my mind is an old film "Yours, Mine, and Ours" starring Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. One of my all time favorite movies and they had to come up with a schedule for about 17 kids! Absolutely a funny movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I will have to see if I can get hold of that film and watch it.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful family! Your pillows look great!

    - Lisa N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I have been given another order for a pillow so I am certainly slowly building up commissions

      Delete
  6. What a lovely young woman, is Annabelle, her name suits her. Many blessings to you and yours as you open you home up to strangers. Lovely little pillows, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, she has grown into a well balanced woman. It will be hard for us when she goes to university next September as she has been with us since she was 13.

      Delete
  7. Oh Lisa you are always so busy. Lovely stitching and I enjoyed reading your blog. Take some time for yourself and enjoy Saturday. Norwich Cathedral is a beautiful place and makes me realise how long it is since I have been home
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank Val and it is a long while since you have been home. I will get some photos on Saturday and will get some of the cathedral to remind you of home again

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to Anabel! Looks like a fun time.

    Thank you again for the cushion!

    Your WIP is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Meari, I am so glad you like your prize as much as I enjoyed creating it xx

      Delete
  9. I found your site via Meari's prize! It is beautiful ;) I wanted to ask if you charted it yourself or if you bought the chart from somewhere as I really love it!

    Look's like Anabel had a wonderful birthday party and congratulations on your graduation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith, in answer to your question. I chart the designs myself.
      I do have a Facebook page (Nabucco - Personalised Stitches) with designs I created myself apart from the three Labrador puppies which I used a chart for my dad for fathers day. My idea was to produce bespoke cushions unique to the individual using my love of cross stitch as a catalyst to produce for my customers something they cannot get anywhere else.

      Delete
  10. Love the pillows Lisa. They are so unique. Your photo stitch is impressive. Every stitch is a stitch closer to the finish. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Cindy, I do keep reminding myself each stitch covers a bit more of the Aida I am using and I have to remember the end result will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete